Streamside Landowner Workshop
Streamside Landowners Workshop
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Mountain Top Library
6093 Main St., Tannersville, NY
The Greene County Soil & Water Conservation District (GCSWCD) is offering a FREE workshop highlighting the importance of riparian (streamside) buffers to water quality, wildlife habitat, and healthy streams. This workshop is geared for streamside landowners.
- Are you a community member or landowner with streamside property?
- Are your streambanks showing signs of erosion?
- Do you have a mowed lawn next to your streambank?
- Are you interested in learning new techniques to maintain the health of your streamside area?
- Are you interested in learning how native trees and flowering shrubs can protect your streamside property and attract birds and pollinators?
If you can answer "YES" to any of the questions above, you might benefit from attending this workshop. Laura Weyeneth, CSBI Coordinator at GCSWCD, will cover topics related to protecting, enhancing, and restoring riparian buffers. Participants will leave the workshop with greater knowledge about the importance of streamside forest buffers, how to protect their streamside property and water quality, and potential funding sources available for restoring riparian buffers with native plants.
We hope to see you there!
|Event Date||March 18, 2020 4:30pm|
|Event End Date||March 18, 2020 6:00pm|