The Web Soil Survey provides landowners, agricultural producers, agencies, Technical Service Providers, and others electronic access to relevant soil and related information needed to make land-use and management decisions. The WSS:
- Provides electronic access to full soil survey report content
- Provides access to the most current data
- Provides the means for quicker delivery of information
- Provides an alternative to traditional hardcopy publication
- Allows customers to get just the information they want
Traditional Hardcopy Soil Survey Maps
The published USDA Soil Surveys for Greene County are available through the Soil & Water Conservation District.
Soil survey maps are 1:24,000 scale and provide valuable information on soil types and characteristics.
Soil surveys and map sheets are available at no cost if picked up at the office, or can be mailed for $15.00.
Call GCSWCD at (518) 622-3620 to order soil surveys or for more information.