Topographic maps show the elevation of the Earth’s surface using contour lines. These maps also contain water features, road names, and geographic location labeling. Topographic maps are available in digital and print format.
Topographic maps are developed in quadrangles, also called topo quads. There are 22 topo quads covering Greene County. The Greene County topo quads are listed below:
How can I obtain digital maps?
- Web Maps: USGS topo maps can be viewed online using web mapping tools. Web maps are interactive mapping applications that convey geographic information systems (GIS) over the internet. Web maps allow the user control over the data displayed, with the ability to choose the data layers, extents, and location shown on the screen. The following web maps have made the USGS topo maps available as a base map.
- USGS Store: Topographic maps are available to through the USGS Store. It is free to view or download PDF versions of topographic quadrangles. Print copies are available for purchase. To access the 7.5 and 15 minute topographic map page of the USGS Store, go to the following link: https://store.usgs.gov/filter-products?categories=%5B15%5D&page=1
- Fill in the county and region in the dropdown menus. Enter the name of the topo quad in the keywords search box.
How can I obtain hardcopy maps?
- GCSWCD Main Office: GCSWCD maintains an inventory of USGS 7.5 minute topographic maps that cover the majority of Greene County. These topographic maps are currently available for view or purchase at the GCSWCD Main Office.
- Maps are available for pickup at the office for $10.00 or can be mailed for $13.00.
- Please note: GCSWCD does not carry a complete inventory of USGS topographic maps and will not continue to restock hardcopy maps for purchase. For more information or to order USGS topographic maps, it is recommended to contact the GCSWCD Main Office at 518-622-3620.
- USGS Store: Print copies of USGS topographic maps are available for purchase through the USGS Store. To access the 7.5 and 15 minute topographic map page of the USGS Store, go to the following link: https://store.usgs.gov/filter-products?categories=%5B15%5D&page=1